February 20: Rollerskating at Skateland! E-mail Tosha (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you want to go.
Spring semester: We'll continue to have two meetings a month, have a joint meeting with the CI-AMS, hosting a SkyWarn training session, and other fun activities and events.
- We started up a tradition of going out to dinner (and treating our speaker to a free meal!) after our speaker meetings at our February 16 meeting.
- 7 students from the University of Illinois traveled to the AMS Annual Meeting in Phoenix.
- November was a very busy month for the Community Outreach committee -- we visited elementary schools and raked a lot of leaves!
- We had a meeting December 2 just to chill out, watch a movie, and eat pizza.
- The annual October trip out to the Corn Maze in Rantoul, organized by Mike Wilson, saw a great turnout this year.
- Tosha Richardson organized a mentor/mentee bowling outing in September. Photos here!
- 9 of us drove down to New Orleans for the AMS Annual Meeting January 19-23! Pictures can be found on our photo page.
- Our March meeting was held with the Central Illinois Chapter of the AMS, and we hope to make the joint meeting an annual event.
- This year's DAS Kickoff BBQ was a success!
- The DAS fall picnic was held October 14, 2007 @ Kickapoo State Park.
- October events included visiting a Haunted House, going to a corn maze, and handing out candy at the DAS building to passers-by on Halloween.
- We've all gone out to dinner as a group in September, October, November, and started up an active 'Friday Lunch' group.
- DAS's Holiday Party potluck was a lot of fun despite everyone being wiped out from finals!
SCAMS has only been around for a year and we're trying to establish a few events that will continue into the future. One of those is a joint meeting with the Central Illinois AMS chapter in March. We've also held T-Shirt design contests and sales for the 2nd year in a row now, and hope that trend keeps going! It would also be great to keep sending representatives from SCAMS to the AMS annual meeting as we did in 2008 with New Orleans, and will again in 2009 with Phoenix.